--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> Teaching the Knowledge

>     *
> As  a teacher, there is a different, more difficult lesson that must
be
> accepted personally: if someone chosen by the Unified Field to be a
> prophet or a leader refuses to teach the truth, as Jonah did for
> example, then Nature will visit a terrible punishment on them.

>     *
> However,   the reverse is even more true�Nature will grant favor
and
> delight  to those who do preach the truth.

> Om, Om, Om, come back, come back  to meditation you sinners.

> The bell tolls for thee,

> In warm regard of natural  law,

> -Buck in FF

This kind of heavy handed Buck. Fortunately I am not immune to being
heavy handed in thought, and as Barry would possibly say, overbearing
and pompous. If the unified field is truth, one cannot actually speak
it, one can only point to it because it is transcendent to speech. All
speech in the world in reference to it is as a lie. Nature is not
personal, it visits on one without regard to person. Favour and delight
are the experience of those who experience the unified field, but nature
remains the same impersonal force of will that is the unified field,
enlightened or unenlightened. It is not will as a person imagines will
to be; it is far more mysterious and inscrutable.

The Greek word for sin in the Bible is 'amarkon' which means to miss the
mark. In the West the Christian idea of sin seems to be the predominant
meaning, and it has many connotations that seem to go quite beyond
simply missing the mark. But usage that is common here has many
judgmental implications that really serve no useful purpose if your aim
is to point people in the direction of enlightenment.

If you 'look' at the process of transcendental meditation, what you
experience is you are handing off the process and letting nature take it
over. That is it. If we are able to culture our system to do that under
all circumstances, we are home free. It is the personal sense of will
that interferes with this process in daily life.

'Transcendental meditation' as a principle can be practiced many ways;
Maharishi seems to have discovered a compact technique that encapsulates
this principle; it is quite a stroke of genius. There are those that
have come by the principle in other ways that have been successful;
whatever works to imbue this principle in our lives is more powerful
than simply following a rigid formula in regard to what truth might be.

You seem to be starting to sound like the vengeful force that permeates
the Torah and other books that Christians call the Old Testament.
Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects
perform the office of a Censor morum over each other. Is uniformity
attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the
introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined,
imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What
has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and
the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the
earth. - Thomas Jefferson (Notes on the State of Virginia, 1787)