The whole abortion debate is a sticky wicket (as a British friend of
mine has been prone to spout). I avoid it as much as possible.

One piece of input I will add, and I give this a big For What It Is
Worth, is what I heard Maharishi say on the topic, with my very own
big and differently sized ears, in June of 1971, at the end of my
teacher training course.

A very pregnant lady got up to the microphone and asked Maharishi when
the soul enters the developing child within the womb. Maharish asked
the woman at the microphone, as well as the rest of the women on the
course who had children, when they felt the first movement. I believe
one of the women said at around 3 months. Maharish replied, "this is
it" meaning when the first movement was felt was when the soul had
arrived.

KH