--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Buck wrote:
>
> > That's a good point. Though I do like the notice of the larger
> > quote. In life you do run into folks like this. For instance, in
> > old Quakerism these people are noticed as 'Weighty Friends', people
> > who could bring a field effect of grace and well-being just coming
> > along to and being in a silent Quaker meeting.
>

> Unfortunately for Fairfield domers, Patanjali's sutra on pacification
> is predicated on the achievement of samadhi - and we know from
> science that the neural correlates of samadhi have never been seen in
> TMers or Sidhahas. In fact, we know that TM occurs solely within
> descending cycles of wake-sleep. Pretty disappointing really. If
> napping brought world peace, there would have been peaces long, long
> ago.
>
> He also warns that cultivating sidhis is an impediment to
> enlightenment and a welcome mat for delusion. Do you really want to
> be radiating that crap? But I guess this is what happens when you
> follow a false guru - really, it's what you'd expect, no?
>
> We need more spiritual Olympians, not more Kindergartners!

I would be interested to know what your definition of "spiritual olympian"
might be. Could it have anything to do with not wasting one's time haggling
over old hurts,  creating intentional lies, obsessing on past injustices? How
about not indulging in belittling, one-upmanship and concious malevolency?
Would avoiding engaging in any of these activities qualify me for the spiritual
olympics? How many here are potential gold medal winners do you think? Are you
a contender?

You can talk up a storm, your spiritual knowledge of teachers, teachings,
meditation practices and your experiences in the company of great Masters
leaves me looking like a spiritual cretin. In fact, I feel like a
kindergartener. Literal translation, "garden children". Sounds like a nice
place, maybe there are some innocent kids there too. Come to think of it, keep
that gold medal, I gotta go make some mud pies.