--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2012, at 9:50 AM, awoelflebater wrote:
>
> > Vaj, I think you could have picked a much better example of a mood
> > maker, for goodness sake, Barry is more of a bliss ninny than Robin
> > ever was. Robin was the renegade, the upstart the guy who was the
> > very antithesis of that. You should remember, you'd get your ass
> > kicked for mooning around in some bliss ninny state around him. It
> > was all about what was happening right now, in that moment. No
> > syrupy layers on top, no sugar coating. You do remember all that
> > don't you? I still have the battle scars to show for it. I'll show
> > you mine if you show me yours.
>
> I see your point, but non-World Teacher Seminarians who were
> convinced to come to a seminar often experienced RWC as a "moodmaker"
> and I think I understand where they're coming from.
>
> Let's face it, how many people have:
>
> - their own stage?
> - the starring role in that stage production?
> - their stage performances all videotaped?
> - "Robin, by the Grace of God, will you manifest <fill in mood/bhava
> of your choice>"-type events, daily or weekly? (the ride in Indra's
> chariot being a personal fave)
> - wore silk underwear to protect them from tamasic vibes?
> - claimed all-embracing unity but hated to touch people?
> - saw demons in people - and then put on a performance art act to
> remove them?
> - eschewed sentimentality, but was a rather sentimental initiator and
> storyteller?

Ah, but I think you confuse moodmaker with someone who could appear
egotistical, even a megalomaniac. I believe his sentimentality was
actually sincerity, as misguided about the movement as it may or may not
have been. I thought it was rather noble actually, his desire to uphold
what he felt was the best of who MMY was and what the Movement could
have stood for. So there was an element of sentimentality, because in
the end the whole thing didn't quite pan out with regard to MMY or even
Robin's enlightenment but his heart was in the right place.You have to
admit he did believe in what he was doing and some of that was not to
rip things apart with regard to TM but to produce a truer version of it.
Not really what I would call a moodmaker. More like a misguided warrior.