--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> > > Which "several" initiators were those, Vaj?
> > >
> > > BTW, it was Lawson who explained to us that he has OCD.
> > >
> > > Lawson understands what TM is as well as, if not better
> > > than, anyone on FFL--certainly better than Vaj and Bhairitu.
> >
> > What a ridiculous statement that is, Judy!  I have taught
> > TM and you haven't and neither has Lawson.  You are both
> > dilettantes!
>
> Meditation dilettantes sample techniques. Unlike Bhairitu,
> Judy and Lawson just do TM so they have a much better present
> day memory of the finer points of TM than he does.

"Wauw," said Turq in Dutch. The translation should
be obvious.

That said, I've been mentally tripping lately on the
resemblance between spirituality's "Thou shalt have
no teacher before me" and morality's "Thou shalt have
one and only one mate, for life."

Living as I do as a fly on the wall in a polyamorous
household, I am often reminded of the narrow-mindedness
of the human species and its attachment to monogamy as
a de facto standard. Our next-door staunch Christian
neighbors have no problems whatsoever with my three
friends bringing up their daughter together. But you
just can't *imagine* the shit I read on the Internet
about how anyone who won't limit themselves to One
And Only One Partner is evil, and a low-vibe slime.

That is not my everyday experience, so I take notice.

I've never had any problem loving more than one person
at once. I kinda wonder about those who have. Which did
they decide that it was proper *to* love, their mother
or their father?

When you cut to the chase, isn't the "Thou shalt not
mix-and-match spiritual teachers/traditions" spiel just
another form of monogamist thinking? It seems -- as
does Raunchy's reply -- "fear-based" to me. "OMG. Bad
Things will happen to me if I learn about other ways
of viewing meditation. I must avoid them, and praise
those who, like me, avoid them, too."

Monogamy. The fear that something will dissipate or
be compromised in some way because one opens one's
horizons to learning or experiencing more of life.

Spiritual monogamy. Ditto.