As I interview folks, this evidently is a commonly held view in the meditating
community:

"Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Anthroposophy, often referred to the etheric
body (Ätherleib or "Life Body") in association with the etheric formative
forces and the evolution of man and the cosmos.[5] According to him, it can be
perceived by a person gifted with clairvoyance as being of "peach-blossom
color".
Steiner considered the etheric reality or life principle as quite distinct from
the physical material reality, being intermediate between the physical world
and the astral or soul world. The etheric body can be characterised as the life
force also present in the plant kingdom. It maintains the physical body's form
until death. At that time, it separates from the physical body and the physical
reverts to natural disintegration."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etheric_body