> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > It's not an either/or thing. The Buddhists who practice
> > TM also practice other techniques as well.
>
> But would you be given a dome pass if you admitted
> to having learned mindfulness from a Buddhist teacher?
>
> You're correct. In Buddhism it's not an either/or thing.
> In the TM organization, it is.

I wonder if the dome pass would be withheld if the Mindfullness
training came from a secular source such as the MBSR program
created by Jon Kabat-Zinn and taught widely thru the UMASS
Medical Center?

I understand that MBCT, a variation on MBST developed by
Zindel Segal, Mark Williams and John Teasdale, is widely
taught in the UK and is financially covered by the National
Health. This has happened because the medical community
in the UK has seen that it works. Unquestionably. Pretty
darned simple.

Though I know you don't, TurquoiseB, I still enjoy my TM.
It feels good. I am not sure why but it feels even better
since I took instruction in some  Mindfullness techniques.
It is almost as if some synergy occurs.

I don't spend much time dwelling on why that synergy seems
to exist, just as I don't spend time dwelling on enlightenment.