Comments below.

> > authfriend wrote:
> > >
> > > With such an overwhelmingly major change
> > > on the horizon, whose outcome none of us can predict,
> > > why not bide our time and withhold judgment?
> >
> --- "Patrick Gillam" wrote
>
> > Sounds like a prescription for living one's entire life.
>
>--- TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> Waiting until the time is right to challenge the
> status quo is another term for preserving the
> status quo.

> And in a separate post TurquoiseB wrote
>
> I was actually replying
> to Patrick.  I was a bit shocked that he agreed so readily
> to the "avoid the problem by ignoring it" approach.  :-)

I didn't feel it necessary to pass judgment on your post, Unc.

And I was away, but where's the wit in that response?

Actually, I'm distinguishing between judging and acting.
I endorsed the withholding of judgment. I didn't say I would
never act.

Byron Katie has a very practical approach to action. She's
passive in her language about it. "Decisions are made" is
how she puts it. In other words, when something must be
done, it will be obvious that something must be done, and
it's usually obvious what that something is. Until then, we
need not judge. We need not worry.

I like Judy's remarks from the post I commented upon. I
paste them here:

> It also seems to me that the most sensible thing
> for us to do is JUST WAIT.  If you can't stay in
> the TMO given the current state of affairs, then
> leave, but don't make it irrevocable; don't burn
> your bridges if you can avoid it.  There'll be
> plenty of time to do that after MMY dies if
> things don't improve under King Tony.

This course of action removes judgment from the equation,
but retains the option of action.

To your point, Unc, I believe you're saying that to rise up
against something that needs to be risen up against, one
must first judge it worthy of being opposed. Is that right? If so,
I can generally oppose a course of action without the
indignance and righteousness that the word "judgment"
connotes.

Another thought about action stemming from judgment: I
read an awful lot of statements in this forum condemning
this MMY decision and that TMO pronouncement. I make some
of them myself. But how many of us are actualy acting on our
judgments? The independent TM teachers are, of which we
have, what, one?

In other words, I'm not seeing much of a connection between
judgment and action.

So, if I can act without judging, and if judging does not prompt
me to act, what's the point?

I have judged judgment to be a bad thing.

osf

 - Patrick Gillam