Laura,

Can't agree.

By logic, I conclude that existence is prior to consciousness -- necessitated
because of how I define the words.  Existence, in this usage by me, means:  The
Absolute.

When attempting to conceptualize The Absolute, the quality, "pure
consciousness," can often be touted as if it were The Absolute, but that's
merely because ALL qualities are said to be
"residing"-"therein"-beyond-manifestness. Anything one says about The Absolute
can be denied or affirmed without regard for any proofs therefore.  There's no
talking about it without talking about, well, everything.

So to me, incarnational experiences cannot inform existence if existence
already has all the knowledge -- due to its fecundity.

In fact, let me expose my extremism:  causality itself is a ruse.  To me, it's
all a matter of synchronicity instead.

The Absolute is omnipresent -- not merely something manifested in a nervous
system as an experience. "It" is beyond being and non-being; beyond isness and
nothingness; beyond any polarity.

Brahma tried to inform His Self.  Spent 3,000 of His years diving down the
lotus stalk upon which he had found himself born/borne.   Never got there.
Gave up the quest.

Purport of the tale:  Heart and mind are not vehicles to or tools to work on
The Absolute....except that eschewing any attending of those conceptual and
emotional processes leaves pure consciousness abiding with "silence".....a
state of the nervous system typically called "transcending" but which I
consider to be merely not-dwelling-on-objects-of-consciousness.

That PROCESS of relatively-transcending allows the ego (after reconstituting
after transcendence) to finally see  that all along it has been erroneously
assuming that it is a spirit when actually it's just been a noisy part of the
clockworks of the human nervous system -- not sentient....not any more real
than anything else...not an author of thoughts....illusory.

And though the ego of the enlightened mind still continues, identity is no
longer assigned to its doings.  Identity doesn't even reside with Creation as
the Self....only The Absolute can truly shame the ego into seeing its temporal
and spacial basis and becoming "meek."

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ellis Nelson <himalayaspencerellis@...>