--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > To be honest, I've been very happy with Windows 7.
>
> Me too (although my needs are a lot less demanding
> than yours).

I do keep a lot of apps open at the same time, but it's all web browsers, email
clients, and other things that don't need much computing horsepower. I don't
play computer games, edit video, or other things that are processor intensive.
My computer needs are pretty simple: a fanless, completely silent tower with a
video card that can drive two monitors.

> > I will probably stick with Win 7 for a similarly
> > long time.
>
> How long will Microsoft support it?

I don't know, but even now, they're still supporting XP. We have a couple aged
13" XP laptops that we use as Internet radios in the kitchen and living room,
and they will continue to be useful long after Microsoft stops supporting XP.
My guess is that there will be another 8 years of Win 7 support after the
release of Win 8.