I'm not saying the guy has nailed it -- merely posting the link to show that at
least one scientist has taken up the problem that is consciousness -- and that,
to me, it indicates that maybe just maybe science will begin to hone its
definitions and see how they're use of language has kept them from having
clarity about "knowingness."  If one sees no difference between "awareness" and
"consciousness," one isn't going to get far in studying "mind."

Not that I know enough to claim I can judge the clarity of others or even
myself in this regard, but I do have a dogged determination to promote the
concept "The Absolute" until they pry it from my cold dead hands.

And not that I'm some sort of Socrates, but that I am Socrates' biggest fan and
am going to just keep defending his best argument:  that he knew nothing like
no one ever knew nothing and therefore the know-somethingists were conceptual
troglodytes dancing around a campfire to please the gods of the intellect.

Edg