Turq wrote:

Treat that which is interesting with interest, and that
which is uninteresting with disinterest.

My reply:
Hmmm, seems straight forward enough.

One could ask why this even needs to be stated.
Perhaps something else is going on?
As you note, people are claiming to be tired of same old, same old, but keep
engaging in it anyway.  See points about avoidance below.

Pertinent aside:  Ammachi once said that Love is never bored.

The word interesting is well, interesting.  I'm guessing that the wily old ego
loves it.  If it feels threatened by something read in FFL then ego decides
that it's not interesting.  Fair enough.  But as we all probably know, what we
avoid, etc. will keep amping up until we give it the attention it needs to come
to resolution.  Disinterest could be a very sneaky form of avoidance.

It's my experience that until a person heals the internal dysfunctional family,
EVERY group which one joins will reflect that.  No wonder we start acting like
children.  And basically it's the personalities that trigger us and our old
stuff.  So getting caught up in personalities is actually part of the potential
healing.

About rewarding, etc.  Even children learn how to reward and punish, don't
they?  And in their pain and discomfort, they can be pretty mean spirited about
it.  So again, our behavior could be coming from child/ego rather than a more
developed aspect.  It might be useful to be aware of this as we go about
labeling posts.

You suggest that we ignore the past, which is admirable but mostly impossible.
But then at the end you say that we already know who is who.  This seems to be
based on the past and thus a contradiction.

I didn't know about the posting limitation until Judy kindly pointed it out.  I
only have 4 posts left between now and Fri at 7 ish.  Oy!  Another diet!
Anyway, will consequently be posting  way less between now and then.

BTW, I mostly enjoy this forum.  I enjoy the variety of topics very much.  I'm
starting to "know" individuals but that's happening slowly because I tend to be
lazy and don't wade through the longer posts.  Unless they have lots of white
space (-:

Also replies are sometimes hard to find.  There seems to be at least 2 and
maybe 3 forms.  And that posting limitation!  Don't even get me started!
Speaking as one who prefers to write short posts frequently, I think there
should be, instead of post limit, a weekly word limit.  Only kidding...

Share