Thanks for your line in defense of Segovia and the link which include
his famous quotes:

"With the guitar, it is not so much listening to music as it is dreaming
with music..."

  Guitar is "a small orchestra, an orchestra seen through the wrong end
of a pair of binoculars."

Allow me to add some more:

"The  guitar is the instrument a man plays when he wishes to express his
heart to a woman.  If there is an infidelity, then the man plays the
'cello to his friend. If the friend is implicated in this infidelity,
then the man plays the organ to express his sorrow to God..."

  "When  one puts up a building one makes an elaborate scaffold to get
everything into its proper place. But when one takes the scaffold down,
the building must stand by itself with no trace of the means by which it
was erected. That is how a musician should work."
Seems to me a foolish dream that
You can't explain why you do what you do
You wake up from dreaming with music in your head
You remember singing a chord every time you felt bad?
Somehow it got me through, too-

You can knock off the harps. We got Segovia

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" LEnglish5@ wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@>
wrote:

> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY_g7H6DN68&feature=related
> > >

> > Actually I was pretty positive that it wasn't Segovia playing that
and the consensus online is that it is a fake. Segovia never recorded
Greensleeves and certainly would never have allowed that recording to
have his name on it.

> > To be honest, *I* could play better than that with only a few years
to get my fingers back in shape.

> > Here is Segovia *casually* demonstrating the different sounds of the
guitar and how they are played:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJrEl4Nsmsg

> > and here is segovia conducting a Master class. Note that the
*student* sounds infinitely better than that recording of Greensleeves.
Note also that Segovia casually starts playing along with him. Note the
clarity of every note from both student and teacher...

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMhqqEfiO3Q
> >

> > No-one who sounded like that recording could have even passed the
first screening to be taught by Segovia.

> > Lawson (whose first teacher DID attend a Segovia master class. I
once sat next to Pepe Romero when he was conducting a master class at
the U of AZ 29 years ago and discussed simple finger exercises with him
after the class).

> Lawson,
>
> This has to be one of the most sparkling and fascinating and beautiful
posts I have ever read (and listened to) at FFL.

> It is early Saturday morning here in Toronto, but I already feel I
have learned something about Creation I never knew before.