The more I think about this, the funner it gets, and the more respect
for her I have. One now gets to wonder whether NASA knew she was gay
when they sent her off as the first woman in space, and whether this
figured into their plans:

The Guys: So. Here we are in space.

Sally Ride: Whoa. You said it.

The Guys: So, Sal. We've got sort of a pool going here. We're the first
gender-mixed crew in the history of the US space mission. Thus we have
the first opportunity to have Space Sex. You in?

Sally Ride: Guys, I hate to break it to you, but...

[http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/07/sally-ride-nasa.j\
pg]

> I've seen few people in recent years go out with as much style as
Sally

<http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/first-female-us-astronaut-sally-ri\
\
> de-comes-out>  in the interview.
>
> Sally first met her partner, O'Shaughnessy
> <https://www.sallyridescience.com/bios/oshaughnessy.html> , when they
> were 12-year-olds playing tennis
> <https://www.sallyridescience.com/node/1059> . The
friends-turned-lovers