Dearest Robin, RC, RC(C) (subscript or superscript - let us say that the "C"
stands for "compassionate" shall we?  Just add that to your many personas)

You acknowledge me where I am, as I am, and you give me that gift.  Yes, I took
on life, but in a rebellious way and now I am forced to take a more gentle
approach and I am pretty P.O'd when I'm not visiting the victim 'hood.

The inner drive, the energy that sustained me, my ability to write and think
for a living, my physical stamina - I depended on these things - they defined
me (took them for granted in hindsight.) These things have faded in the last
1.5 years - my emotions took over, demanded attention, overwhelmed me.  Ahhh,
WTF?  Is it the hormones, is it the family of origin issues, is it my karma, is
it the collapsed adrenal system, is it unprocessed grief, is it negative
entities taking over, is it the diet, is it lack of spiritual discipline, is it
that I am inherently flawed?  Self-forgiveness is the hardest thing I do, or
don't do as the case may be.  In my elementary understanding and reading of
well-known verse..."Jesus said, Father forgive them for they know not what they
do."  This helps me forgive others, but I give myself no such out.

My new philosophy is "pay attention to the next indicated step."  It's all I
can do..show up for drill...try to stay present.  My memory fails me....what is
happening "now"?  Oh yeah, I have a dog and the kids are still here.  Alright
then, off to a walk in the park and a visit to the counselor.  Our new thing.
(I'm a hard ass if you didn't know...my kids will tell you I lack compassion.)
I said: "Either you agree to family counseling or you move out.  Period. Oh,
you are only 15 (to the youngest)?  I don't care."  They believe me.  I'm firm,
not always fair, and not always consistent, but they believe me. It's my latest
attempt to salvage the family and after today's session, my oldest thinks there
may be a glimmer of hope.  Small steps.

You have been mentioning my name of late...every time, I say "What?"  "Do you
mean me?"  "Seriously?"  "Where are my poetry books?" The last philosophy I
really remember reading was while on long passages on a sailboat back in my
20's - Nietzsche, Kierkegaard and then the novels , Siddhartha and Madame
Bovary, as I recall.  Where was Jung? I should read Jung perhaps.   I have so
many books.

Now Robin, baby, I want to tell you that your posts always surprise me.  All of
them.  I look forward to reading them.  I am so happy you are here for now.
How funny the Iranitea exchange was.  How fabulous is Share to chat
unconditionally with you.  Unlike Marek, I don't see FFL as a violent place -
all that makes me laugh.  Not unlike today's Prairie Home Companion.  They did
the skit on conflict avoidance that was so funny.  Share, are you reading this?
 This is for you.  You have to imagine the voices of Garrison Keillor and the
typical radio female of that show.

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2011/10/08/scripts/sailboat.shtml

On FFL, the currently departed Mr. Price helped me claim and own pieces of my
past and places I had been that I had hidden far away from others for many long
years.  He gave me the gift of forgiveness and I love him for that.  You give
it to me as well.  I allow it in when outside, in the trees, at the beach.  The
ocean is so extraordinary - subtly and vastly different at every beach - it
cares not about our little concerns - it is relentless in it's beauty. It
washes over me again and again and I cry in gratitude.