Even with something as beautiful and elusive and feathery as this, Merudanda, I
always have the same final experience: That the soul of Merudanda wants to keep
secret, hidden, enclosed in her sacrificial love. *She does not become attached
to a desire to be answered*--never. This is a bright colour of the spirit I
have never seen I reckon--but perhaps the butterfly is silent, because he has
no choice about the perfect sound he makes when he alights on a flower. Do you
exercise--ever--your free choice to become personally intimate to anyone in
your exquisite aloneness [I will not disturb this with a question mark]. I know
I am staggering and stumbling around in your perfect white room, uninvited. It
is just that I don't recognize the hunger in you for the requital of your
gifts. I am a strange kind of creature myself but not so spontaneous in my
gently unfolding mortifications of self as you were born to be. I am waiting
for that one gliding in the sky where I see your curvature of your wings  bent
towards the earth--where at least one of us is waiting for you to descend
deeply into our mind. But you are always in the same motionless place where you
must be (I presume) in order to create the spring every year. May I still crash
around in your room (I see that now it is blue) and ask inside your heart *What
do you live on?* For I must believe you live only the music just after the
first night when the stars were there--and none but you have eyes to see those
notes. Did you comfort Job in his pain? I will never demand that you obey the
law of gravity like the rest of us, Merudanda. And your face, you create it
every day with the eyes that only see each snowflake that has ever fallen.

Robin