According to stats posted by a leading manufacturer of
sex toys, anyway. Of the 10 states listed as the...uh...
most enthusiastic and frequent purchasers of its products,
seven were "red states" in the 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008
Presidential elections:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/16/sex-toy-sales-per-capita-_n_1790014.html#slide=1388357

Looks like when you ask one of them macho dudes in
Wyoming or Montana or Alaska or West Virginia what
that bulge in their pocket is, it's as likely that
it's a dildo or a vibrator as it is that they're
really happy to see you. Then again, it could be
both, which is even scarier. :-)

I venture no opinion as to what's up with the three
blue states, all three of which are snuggled up to
one another in the American Northeast. It's cold
up there, so maybe they have to snuggle up to each
other in the winter so much it's lost it's novelty,
and they need a little something to buzz things up.

This gives new meaning to a few of these states'
mottos. West Virginia's is "Mountaineers are always
free," and now we know exactly *how* free. And in
Idaho, we now can only hope that when they invoke
"Let it be perpetual" that by "it" they don't
mean their orgasm. :-)