for you so ardently desire
a rain of roses on
your head
a rain of roses at your
  hour of death
shower roses on your head
shower roses at your hour of death
little by little you come to littleness
little by little to serve and love Him best
little by little you're on your "Little way"
..you became a mirror of angelic purity
of love as strong as death
casting away all doubt and fear
  and accepting all that He sends you
as graces for the salvation of your soul
playful recognize that a little bit of bitterness

that  sweetness force in face of troubled  hour
enchant in you Saint Theresa's little flower
Adapted from
P. K.'s - Rain Of Roses
  But whenever we mean one thing, wholeheartedly,
another is right there, tugging on our-feelings. Strife
is our closest companion. Don't lovers
constantly tread over each other's boundaries,
after mumbled vows about space,sustenance, and home?

Isn't it time to free ourselves, with love,
--from the one we love, and,
trembling, endure . . . ?
For to stay is to be nowhere at all.
..
Like garden flowers opening their petals early only to wither quickly
..
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...>
wrote:

> "*From a distance* it appears all roses *to do good to souls*, making
them love God more and molding them according to one's personal views
and ideas. *At close range* it is totally the contrary, the roses
disappear; one feels that to do good is as impossible without God's help
as to make the sun shine at night. One feels it is absolutely necessary
to forget one's likings, one's personal conceptions, and to guide souls
along the road which Jesus has traced out for them without trying to
make them walk one's own way. But this is still not the most difficult
thing; what cost me more than anything else was to observe the faults
and lightest imperfections and to wage a war to the death on these. I
was going to say: unhappily for me! (but this would be cowardly), and so
I say: happily for my Sisters, since the time I took my place in the
arms of Jesus, I am like the watchman observing the enemy from the
highest turret of a strong castle. Nothing escapes my eyes; I am
frequently astonished at seeing so clearly, and I find the Prophet Jonah
very excusable when taking to flight rather than announcing the ruin of
Niniveh. I would prefer a thousand times to receive reproofs than to
give them to others; however, I feel it is necessary that this to be a
suffering for me, for, when we act according to nature, it is impossible
for the soul being corrected to understand her faults; she sees only one
thing: the Sister charged with directing me is angry, and all the blame
is put on me who am filled with the best intentions.

> I know very well that your little lambs find me severe. If they were
to read these lines, they would say that it doesn't seem to be the least
bit difficult for me to be running after them, to be speaking severely
to them when showing them that their beautiful fleece is soiled, or to
be bringing them some light tuft of wool which they allowed to be torn
by the thorns along the way. The little lambs can say what they please;
in the depths of their hearts they feel that I love them with a real
love, that never will I imitate '*the hireling who sees the wolf coming
and leaves the sheep and takes to flight*.' I am prepared to lay down my
life for them, but my affection is so pure that I don't want them to
know it. With the grace of Jesus never have I tried to attract their
hearts to me; I understand that my mission was to lead them to God and
to make them understand that here on earth you are, Mother [Prioress of
the Carmel], the visible Jesus whom they must love and respect.

> I told you, dear Mother, that I had learned very much when I was
teaching others. I saw first of all that all souls have very much the
same struggles to fight, but they differ so much from each other in
other aspects that I have no trouble in understanding what Father Pichon
was saying: "*There are really more differences among souls than there
are among faces*." It is impossible to act with all in the same manner.
With certain souls, I feel I must make myself little, not fearing to
humble myself by admitting my own struggles and defects; seeing I have
the same weaknesses as they, my little Sisters in their turn admit their
faults and rejoice because I understand them *through experience*. With
others, on the contrary, I have seen that to do them good I must be very
firm and never go back on a decision once it is made. To abase oneself
would not then be humility but weakness. God has given me the grace not
to fear the battle; I must do my duty at all costs. I have heard the
following on more than one occasion: "If you want to get anything out of
me, you will have to win me with sweetness; force will get you nothing."
I myself know that nobody is a good judge in his own case, and that a
child, whom a doctor wants to perform a painful operation upon, will not
fail to utter loud cries and to say that the remedy is worse than the
sickness; however, when he is cured a few days later, he is very happy
at being able to play and run. It is exactly the same for souls; soon
they recognize that a little bit of bitterness is at times preferable to
sugar and they don't fear to admit it.

> Sometime I can't help smiling interiorly when I witness the change
that takes place from one day to the next; it is like magic almost. A
Sister will come and say to me: 'You were right yesterday when you were
severe; at first I rebelled, but after I recalled everything, I saw you
were very right. Listen. When I was leaving you, I was thinking I had
enough and I said to myself: I am going to find Mother Prioress and tell
her that I will go no more with Sister Therese of the Child Jesus. But I
felt it was the devil who inspired this thought in me, and then it
seemed that you were praying for me. I remained calm and the light began
to shine, but now you must enlighten me further. This is the reason I
came.' We quickly began to talk the matter over; I am very happy to be
able to follow the inclination of my heart and not serve up the bitter
dish. Yes, but I notice quickly that I must not advance too far, for one
*word* could destroy the beautiful edifice constructed in tears. If
unfortunately I say one word which seems to soften what I said the
evening before, I see little Sister taking advantage of the situation;
then I say a little prayer interiorly and truth always wins out. Ah! it
is prayer, it is a sacrifice which gives me all my strength; these are
the invincible weapons which Jesus has given me. They can touch souls
much better than words, as I have very frequently experienced.