<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >
> > > Bingo.  In other words, he's right in line with
> > > the thinking of the TM organization at this point.
> >
> > Interesting how the folks on this forum appear to
> > be more interested in preaching to Tom and bashing
> > the TMO than in what's happening to the people on
> > the Gulf Coast.
>
> Judy, the horror that's happening on the Gulf Coast is
> EVERYWHERE...turn on the TV and radio and there it is.
>
> Perhaps people come on this forum to take a break from it...

I participate in several other forums that entertain
a wide range of topics, and it's become a major
subject of conversation there, including many requests
for information about how to help.

Here's what the president of the American Red Cross
said last night on MSNBC:

"...We need three different things.  We need financial
contributions.  They will be essential, and with the new level of
damage that we've appreciated today, particularly in the New Orleans
area, money, financial donations, will be key to our ability to
respond.

"But we also need people to donate blood.  As you can imagine, with
the widespread damage, donations, regular donors have been unable to
make their appointments.  We're asking people in other parts of the
country to make a lifesaving donation of blood.

"And the third thing that we need, we need people to volunteer.  Our
Red Cross chapters across the country have been mobilized.  They're
all engaged in activities directly supporting this effort or
contributing to it.  And so whether you live in Maine or California,
your Red Cross chapter can put you to work and help make a
difference."

http://www.redcross.org

Here's more organizations that need funds, from
the SF Chronicle:

Salvation Army: Donations can be made via the group's Web site,
www.salvationarmyusa.org; by calling (800) 725-2769; or by mail at
Salvation Army, Attention: Hurricane Katrina Fund, P.O. Box 193465,
San Francisco, CA 94119- 3465.

The organization expects to serve 400,000 meals a day to victims and
first responders.

Operation Blessing: (800) 436-6348.

America's Second Harvest: (800) 344-8070.

Adventist Community Services: (800) 381-7171.

Catholic Charities USA: (800) 919-9338, or
http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org

Christian Reformed World Relief Committee: (800) 848-5818.

Church World Service: (800) 297-1516 or online at
http://www.churchworldservice.org

Convoy of Hope: (417) 823-8998 or
http://www.convoyofhope.org

Lutheran Disaster Response: (800) 638-3522.

Mennonite Disaster Service: (717) 859-2210.

Nazarene Disaster Response: (888) 256-5886.

Presbyterian Disaster Assistance: (800) 872-3283.

United Methodist Committee on Relief: (800) 554-8583.

In addition, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is accepting donations at its 3,800
stores and Web site,
http://www.walmart.com