"It's a beautiful life." Beautiful post, Curtis. Brought a tear to my eye. My
Mom and her sister-in-law are 89. They live together in Fairfield. I stop by
just about everyday to visit and help out if they need it. Mom still cooks,
shops, drives, and takes care of finances. My aunt never learned to read. She
gets her letters mixed up at eye exams, gets confused and frustrated trying to
writing her name. My grandmother always looked after my aunt. After she died,
my mother inherited my aunt's care. She has special needs and also special
abilities. Somehow she just *knows* stuff. She knows exactly where I left my
car keys. She knows when I'm thinking about heating up some leftovers or
looking for a snack. She tells me exactly what I have a hankering for before I
even head to the kitchen.  As I'm leaving to go home, she's quick to remind me
to take the bag of tomatoes mom had packed or remember to take the socks she
washed and folded for me. If I've misplaced anything, she'll find it. Perhaps
my experience with my aunt, gives me a little insight into John Paul's
sensitivity to you on a crappy day. You haven't dodged a bullet, Curtis. You've
been blessed to know John Paul as my family has been blessed to know my aunt.