Received this today.  Because advertising has been recent topic.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: DailyGood.org <cl...@charityfocus.org>
To: sharelon...@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 7:27 AM
Subject: It's More Important to Be Kind Than Clever

DailyGood.org
You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing?  On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore?
Unsubscribe.

August 31, 2012 a project of ServiceSpace
  Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think
too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than
cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

- Charlie Chaplin, in 'The Great Dictator' -
It's More Important to Be Kind Than Clever
"Brandon Cook, from Wilton, New Hampshire, was visiting his grandmother in the
hospital. Terribly ill with cancer, she complained to her grandson that she
desperately wanted a bowl of soup, and that the hospital's soup was inedible
(she used saltier language). If only she could get a bowl of her favorite clam
chowder from Panera Bread! Trouble was, Panera only sells clam chowder on
Friday. So Brandon called the nearby Panera and talked to store manager Suzanne
Fortier. Not only did Sue make clam chowder specially for Brandon's
grandmother, she included a box of cookies as a gift from the staff. It was a
small act of kindness that would not normally make headlines. Except ... " In
this thoughtful post, the co-founder of Fast Company magazine examines what
happened next, and the powerful reminder it holds for modern-day businesses. {
read more }
Be The Change
A short passage called "Giving Somebody Your Heart" begins: "In every
interaction you have with another human being -- doesn't matter who -- you
always have two main choices." { more }

COMMENT | RATE

  Related Good News
5 Principles for Inner Transformation at Work Six Ways To Empower Others The
Art of Motivating Employees Intelligence Is Overrated: What It Really Takes to
Succeed
Why Leaders Must Feel Pain How To Build A Beautiful Company 7 Spiritual
Perspectives on Personal Leadership Remembering Stephen Covey

DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 119,464
subscribers.  There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.

Other ServiceSpace projects include:
HelpOthers  //  CF Sites  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  More