Sit down again together, Meditators! all that are left of us—in the town whose
name we bore, into which we have put new meaning of our own. Take strength from
one more touch, ere we pass afar from the closeness of old. The old is young
to-day; and the young is passed. Survivors of the fittest,—for the fittest, it
seems to us, abide in the glory where we saw them last,—take the grasp of
hands, and look into the eyes, without words! Who shall tell what is past and
what survives? For there are things born but lately in the years, which belong
to the eternities.