 From: feste37 <fest...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:23 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Vedic pundits keep dialing 911!!

To call India you dial 011 91, followed by the area code. Some area codes in
India begin with 1, so if the pundit forgets to dial 011 first, he may well
dial 911 and get the local cops on his tail!

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >
> > From Fairfield e-news:
> >
> > A bizarre problem regarding 9-1-1 misdials out of the Vedic City Pundit
> > Project was a topic of discussion led by Jefferson County Chief Deputy
> > Gregg Morton at yesterdays' Board of Supervisor's meeting.  When making a
> > long distance call with their international cell phones some of the pundits
> > reportedly have to dial out by pressing 9 and then seemingly two subsequent
> > 1s which could put the cell phone into emergency mode and dial
> > automatically prior to the rest of the phone number being dialed.  Morton
> > says there have been 41 of these calls in 2012, though the problem was
> > first addressed by letter to Vedic City's Mayor Wynne in 2010.  Morton also
> > says the misdials are a waste of officer resources and time, because
> > officers have to respond to every 9-1-1 call whether they know it's a
> > misdial or not.  Several solutions were brought up, including; attempting
> > to change the dial out numbers for long distance calls or urging Vedic City
> > to create their own
 police department to answer their 9-1-1 calls. Vedic City currently has their
own private security force.