> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

> > > I'm pretty sure that if you play the song "Imagine"
> > > backwards, it generates one of your posts.
> > >
> > You may be cool with Emily, Curtis, but I doubt she's
> > cool with you. After calling her motives into question
> > so brutally, do you really think she trusts you? Just
> > curious...
>
> There's a number of things Curtis can't change.
>
> 1. He can't change the ugly email Sal wrote Emily accusing
> her of being mean to him.
> 2. He can't change the fact that he then defended Sal on FFL.
> 3. He can't change the fact that he tried to make Sal's email
> sound like no big deal.
> 4. He can't change the fact that he accused Emily of sending
> me Sal's email to foment a public fight, after Emily had
> explicitly explained otherwise.
>
> Why *would* Emily want to be "cool" with Curtis in light of
> those facts?
>
> Nor can Curtis change the fact that I've also read Sal's email.
>
> Curtis *could* have avoided all but #1 (at least as far as we
> know; was the email really all Sal's idea? did she run it by
> him, and if so did he encourage her to send it?). If he had
> not defended Sal, if he had acknowledged the ugliness of Sal's
> email, if he hadn't attributed ulterior motives to Emily for
> sending me the email, he wouldn't be out of favor with Emily,
> and folks on FFL wouldn't be wondering about his integrity.
>
> If one of my supporters had written a nasty email to
> someone viciously castigating them for purportedly putting
> me down, and I found out about it, I'd call the emailer out
> on FFL by name.
>
> Curtis *definitely* doesn't have the integrity to do that.
>
> > When Emily played off Robin's irony email did you think
> > she was teasing you or did it piss you off? Was your
> > poor treatment of her pay back for a bruised ego or did
> > it have nothing to do with this:
>
> Good question. But if he deigns to respond to it, will we
> have any reason to trust what he tells us? Will Emily?

Here is the thing, the email, according to Curtis, was supportive and
ego-stroking to Curtis. When that happens and yet the other side of the email
was allegedly an unwarranted and vicious attack on Emily, Curtis appears to not
be able to get beyond the fact that he liked the email because Sal was
complimentary to him. If he really has no problem with Emily (and frankly, why
should he?) then he should have understood and admitted that Sal's email to
Emily was harsh, ugly, unjustified. Instead of liking the email because it was
good for his ego he should have (if he had any respect or reasonable feeling
for Emily's position) gotten beyond his subjective support of this otherwise
mean-spirited and traumatizing correspondence and called it for what it was.
That has not happened and therefore I question Curtis' intentions and values
not to mention his motives for treating Emily badly by not supporting her and
understanding where she was coming from in her pain. But maybe that is asking
too much.