emptybill:
> Apparently you never tire of parading Hairless Krishna
> Propagandhi. I discussed this forced interpretation in
> a post with you in the past.
>
> Early Old-Timers?

It's a re-statement of the Buddhist Vijnana of Vasubandhu.
So, it's pretty well established that Advaita is a copy
of the Vijnana.

So, I guess we've pretty much established that Chit -
'consciousness', is the One Absolute, according to the
Kashmere Tantrism, which essentially agrees with the
Sri Vidya - and the sayings of MMY on the 'Seven States
of Consciouness' vis a vis the Transcendental state -
Turiya as mentioned in Mandukhya Upanishad.

According to Chandrahar Sharma these are essentially
re-staements of Vinjnanavada Buddhism - the school of
'Consciousness-only' founded by Arya Asanga and the
Vasubandhu brothers - Yogacara.

Excerpt from 'vijnApti matratA siddhi' by vasAabAndhu:

"Pure conciousness is the only Reality. By its nature,
it is Self-luminous." (XIII, 13). "Thus shaking off
duality, he directly percieves the Absolute which is
the unity underlying phenomena (dharmadAtu)." (VI, 7
Sharma, p. 112-113).

Work cited:

'A Critical Survey of Indian Philosophy'
by Chandrahar Sharma, M.A., D. Phil., D. Litt., LL.B.,
Shastri, Dept. of Phil.,
Benares Hindu U.
Rider 1960.
vimshAtika-Vrtti on kArikA 1, p. 114.