Yes, Judy I see what you mean.  In this instance I'd say you're sounding more
reasonable than Curtis.  BUT...did you see his reply to Ravi in which he admits
that he overreacted?  That's something I very much admire.  When a person can
say that maybe they got it wrong that time.  Or maybe they overreacted.  Or
maybe they weren't thinking clearly, or maybe having a bad day.  Something
along those lines.  So for me, Curtis gets big points for that.  And I'm glad
that you're feeling better.  Which is how you sound to me in this post.

Hey I just remembered.  You have 49 posts so you're welcome to answer this to
me directly if you want.

Anyway, I agree with you that different people are a different percentage of
positive and negative.  I find most people to be mostly positive.  Say 70-90%.
And most of us can and do fluctuate from day to day or situation to situation.
Heck I've even seen posters fluctuate from positive to very negative within 1
paragraph of a post!  If I did that I'd figure I ate too much sugar.  But
probably what puts someone over the top is different for different peeps.

Laughing because I was typing away and looked at screen and I had typed poops
instead of peeps in last sentence above.  You gotta love Freud and his whole
Freudian slip thingie (-:

Anyway, what else to say that might be beneficial at this point?  As I said
before, I don't think the dumb c phrase was a death threat.  Actually the word
death is not in the quote at all.  Nonetheless it comes across sounding like a
death wish.  So still extreme vicious.  Easy for me to suggest forgive and
forget.  But can't help but wonder what would happen if you did.

Have not checked archives to see Curtis part in all that.  Probably won't.
Have to go out of town today.  1 hour drive each way.

What else?  I still think piling on does not help matters that are essentially
private and emotional.  Like the conflict between me and Robin.  Which is
actually what lead to conflict between Robin and Curtis.  Which lead to Sal
comment, which lead to Emily email to you, which lead to...yep, these things
seem to take on a life of their own.

Lastly, I will continue to not choose sides but rather take each situation,
each post on its own merit.  While maintaining some compassionate memory of a
history I've only glimpsed.  Best I can do for now.
Share