Susan,

Starting on February, 2005, the forum period changed to the subperiod of
Mercury/Rahu and followed by Mercury/Jupiter.  The change that you noticed was
due to the fact that these planets are in the 8th house, or the field of
mystery or transformation.  Rahu, in particular, is aloof, strange and
unpredictable.

Just recently (on August 15, 2012), the forum period changed to the major
period of Ketu, which is placed in the second house of the chart.  This period
will last for seven years.  Ketu is the co-lord of Scorpio.  So, we may
experience more of the forum's true personality.  Nonetheless, since Ketu is
conjunct with Mars in the house of speech, I don't believe you're going to see
the forum turn polite and civil any time soon.

JR