On 09/21/2012 11:07 AM, card wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I agree. I think the Lumia 920 shall fail for at least
>>> two reasons: it's way too heavy (185 grams; iPhone 5, 114 grams), and
>>> perhaps even too wide for many people (~ 70 millimetres; iPhone ~ 60
>>> millimetres?). Of course, the camera of the Lumia is superb, but
>>> that's prolly not enough.
>>>
>>>    And as a Nokia share holder, I'm afraid Windoze Phone 8 shall be
>>> a disaster...
>>>
>>> BTW, just recommended my sister to buy a Macbook(?), instead of a PC laptop!
>> The camera is nice on my Galaxy Nexus but it can't begin to compare with
>> my $200 Canon.  On a camera you want optical zoom not digital which just
>> blows up the pixels and a lot more control over what you're shooting.
>> In a pinch these phones will take some great video but still not as well
>> as if you have a dedicated camera with you.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pureview#Pureview_Pro_camera
>
> "Furthermore, the world&#8217;s largest telecom operator China Mobile Limited
> (CHL), which covers nearly 75% of Chinese market, also plans to rollout
> TD-LTE technology in the upcoming months and will be using Nokia-Siemens
> technology, which we believe will act as a huge catalyst for growth going
> forward.
>
> According to the latest report provided by the Global mobile Suppliers
> Association (:GSA), out of the total 11 TD-LTE commercially deployed by the
> telecom carriers, 5 are using Nokia-Siemens Networks&#8217; equipments.
>
> Taking all these factors into consideration we believe that Nokia&#8217;s
> this particular segment will register impressive results in the upcoming
> quarters."
>
> Phew?! :-]
>

>> Windows 8 is an "also ran".  Android has over a 1/2 billion installs.

I haven't even looked into Windows mobile development but for awhile you
had to have the full Visual Studio not just their free version. I think
someone said they dropped back to the free version. Android, OTOH,
accommodates development for free on Windows, Mac and Linux and probably
about anything else you can get Java on.  How to make money on mobile
platforms is a headache though as people want it all free even if it has
ads.  But you can't buy a new Porsche with ad revenue. :-D