> Supplying some mental floss for this exchange and just in case
> Judy's use of quotation marks is obfuscating, I'm sure it's not
> me she is quoting as I did not write those words.  Or even think
> them. Maybe herself?  Or someone from another decade?

I would be utterly flabbergasted if anyone here read what I
put in quotes and thought I was quoting something you actually
said, Share, it's so far from what anybody could conceive of
your ever saying. It's too honest.

That sentence in quotes represents my impression of why you
really want any further discussion of what went on here in
public to take place privately. It isn't that you want to
spare the forum negativity; that's just the saintly mask you'd
like to put on it. Rather, you want to spare *yourself* the
discomfort of being forced to face up to your behavior in
public.

Call it the voice of your conscience, what your conscience
would be telling you is your real motivation if you could
hear it, if you were to take your fingers out of your ears.
That's why I put it in quotes.

The evidence is public: You have made factual mistakes and
have told falsehoods, but you haven't owned up to them when
they've been pointed out to you.

Would you like me to list some of them? I'll be happy to
do that if you want to challenge that assertion. Most of
them are from what you've said in your discussions with me
that I've already called you on, so they shouldn't come as
a surprise.

> PS  I'd rather be a supposed "pompous, reality-avoiding
> dormouse" than a rageful, reality-obfuscating dirty fighter.

You're both, Share. You aren't the only such dormouse on
FFL; it wasn't you I had in mind when I wrote the phrase.
But it fits. What happens is that when someone insists that
the dormouse wake up and face reality, she becomes enraged
and does everything she can to obfuscate the reality,
including fighting dirty.

I'll give you one example: You were already pissed off at
me for having taken you to task for some other crap. Barry's
"dumb angry cunts" post came up, and you suggested, oh-so-
sweetly, that I should try forgiving and forgetting.

But you knew, because you had been told, that it's not me
who brings it up constantly, but Barry. All I do is defend
myself against his misrepresentations.

You thought you could shame me for perpetuating that
controversy when you knew I wasn't responsible. That's
what I call obfuscating reality and fighting dirty.

There are plenty more examples, but that one is
especially clear-cut.

It's not entirely clear to me that you're even aware of
what you're doing, though. I think for you the process of
editing reality takes place so automatically and so quickly
that the original reality gets overwritten, and you no
longer have access to it. The version you've edited to suit
yourself *becomes* the reality for you.

But somewhere down deep, your psyche knows what you've done.
And it drives you to do your damndest to avoid dealing with
it in public. Do you engage in similar avoidance in private?
I would guess you find it easier in private, because you're
confronting only one person. In public, you never know who-
all is going to pipe up and call you to account so everyone
else becomes wise to your tactics.

Your attempt to accuse me of obfuscation in the post I'm
responding to, when you know damn well nobody would think
I was actually quoting you, is the very most recent example.

  BTW, The previous sentence shows the clean fighting way of using quotation
marks as the words enclosed therein were actually written by a FFL poster.