--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jedi_spock" <jedi_spock@...> wrote:
> ---  "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@> wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > I also think Robin does not present a consistent picture
> > of his sense of reality, with his constant use of irony
> > vacillating between having been in unity or not having
> > been. People, if they are to 'pursue' reality need a
> > consistent picture of it even if the picture is false. The
> > picture is never truth, it is just a signpost that points
> > you in, hopefully, a useful direction, and once it has
> > served its purpose, the picture is discarded. TM is a
> > pointer. It shows one on the basis of experience that
> > there is more to experience than what one thinks.
> >
> > In general the complexity of Robin's speech, I think,
> > obscures understanding for most people, and does not
> > represent a useful way to teach most people about reality.
> > So, what is your understanding of the sentence of Robin's
> > I quoted? Because you said 'I suspect this is a manner of
> > speaking' in referring to the quote, I would suppose it is
> > not entirely clear in your mind either.
>
> Again, it's this kind of vacillating and contradictions that
> he expresses over and over again that worries me.  At times
> he seems to say simultaneously that he was in Unity and not
> in Unity at the same time.

Well the duality is still there even in unity, one can have duality in unity if
one wants it - it is not really a thing one can describe. But I get your point.
I do not think Robin is making use of paradox as a teaching tool to get us to
see beyond the paradox. That is, his thinking (as I am seeing it by surmise),
does not see through the paradox, but vacillates, as you say, between the two
poles of the paradox which is thus not resolved. As a result, illumination from
listening to Robin does not occur, only confusion results that *seems* to have
an aura of illumination about it because of his skill in weaving the tangled
mess together.