The purpose of marraige and family is sharing of
responsibilities. It also becomes easier to share resources.

I agree with you when you say that the more evolved a person
is the more choosy they are about their partners.

Evolution causes species to 'pairbond' only when there is
survival pressure to do so.  In the case of humans that has
been the case.  What you mention as 'love' is the mechanism
by evolution to create that bonding.  Oxytocin is the
mechanism evolved for that purpose.

Some people as you pointed out who are wayward philandering
libertines, have high levels of testoterone.  Such males
cannot pairbond and they tend to unfaithful to their
spouses.