> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "card" <cardemaister@> wrote:
> >
> > Rough quote: There was a point when Sieveking went back to
> > Europe, and he and I's connection started to dissipate, and
> > I heard that he uncovered info that was distressful to him
> > and that he was not happy with the movement. I called
> > personally and said he's here to talk any time, and to
> > please ask any questions.
> > Can't recall ever having seen that kinda expression before.
> > Is that I's some kind of colloquial possessive of the first
> > person singular personal pronoun?
>
> I don't know (or care) who is being quoted here, Card,
> but it's a demonstration of ignorance, not any accepted
> colloquial expression. Never try to learn English (which
> is more than challenging on its own) from someone who
> doesn't know how to speak it.

Om, what a pointy-headed white collar thing to claim.  That works perfectly
good for the kinds of people I growed up with.  An Iowans by peer-review
generally accepted standards are some of the best educated best expressed
peoples on earth. Certainly can be some of the most colorful talkers going too
and some of the funniest.  Iowa farmers talking while at work farming in
particular is its own poetry.
-Buck