--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> On 10/13/2012 08:42 AM, raunchydog wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u <no_reply@> wrote:

> >> Listen to the idiot (or lying) Barack Obama vs. JFK; nuff said! (Two
> >> minutes). NO Barack they are not! Fool!
> >>
> > "Ryan left out a few important details. In 1960, the top income tax rate
> > was closer to 91 percent than the 35 percent rate it is now, according to
> > the non-partisan Tax Policy Center.
> >
> > And Kennedy was assassinated before tax cuts were approved by Congress in
> > 1964 during President Lyndon B. Johnson's administration. When they were
> > approved, the top rate dropped from 91 percent to 77 percent in 1964.
>
> And what did we get for this?  A bunch snobbish billionaires who think
> they are gods.
>
> I always have trouble explaining what was behind those rates because the
> stupid think it was for getting more money for the government but it was
> for discouraging accumulation of wealth.  I recall saying back then that
> when I grew up I wanted to be a millionaire and my parents told me that
> taxes were high on millionaires (but then loopholes were looser too).

"The obvious comparison when it comes to unemployment would be President Ronald
Reagan and President Obama. This isn't even hard to understand, right wing
types. Oh, we know, many of you think that Mitt Romney actually killed Osama
bin Laden. But for this all you need to do is look at a graph.

Ten days before your hero, St. Ronald of Tampico, took office, in February
1981, the unemployment rate was 7.4%. You probably remember that the economy
was in terrible shape and that you blamed it on Jimmy Carter.

Job losses soared after Mr. Reagan took control and the unemployment rate
peaked at 10.8% in November 1982. In fact, it took Reagan his entire first term
to reduce unemployment, so that by January 1985, the rate had fallen only to
7.3%, a stunning "recovery" of one tenth (0.1) of one percentage point in four
years.

That's right. The Gipper cut unemployment by 0.1 percentage point."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/13/president-obama-saves-capitalism-right-wing-haters-dismayed/