 From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:03 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] California Microclimates

Since Turq talked about Dutch rain and because my furnace kicked on this
morning for the first time since last spring I thought I would talk a
bit about the perplexing microclimates we have around here. Yup, at
around 6 AM the temperate was 46 degrees.  We've had overcast and even
little rain on Weds.  The sky was clear this morning so it was colder.
This prompted me to dress heavier for my walk at the waterfront park.
Bad idea.  I was overdressed and shorts and t-shirt would have worked
fine.  In fact I removed my warmup jacket after the walk to enjoy the
sunny patio at Starbucks.

One never knows whether to trust the reported temperature or not. It can
go both ways: warm at the house and cold at the waterfront park or vice
versa.  I've been walking in the neighborhood the last few days and even
with a warm-up suit it was a little chilly.  This afternoon it should
hit the high 70s.