--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@...> wrote:

> You mean spending hundreds of billions to retool our economy was a waste? Not
> for those making money off of it!

Relax, everyone has ignored GW and was hoping it would go away,
much cheaper than doing something about it. And all the investment
in renewable energy isn't wasted as it encourages localised generation
and freedom from fossil fuels which will run out regardless and we'd
be better off without if they didn't. And it isn't like one study is ever
definitive, something is going to have to be accounting for the polar melt
which is the worse yet this year.

By "worse" I mean that rising sea levels are a bad thing for
mankind as most of us live in areas that will be affected, nature doesn't give
a toss about good or bad and high sea levels are simply
a return to the pre-ice age levels.

The bit that worries me is this quote "Yet in 2009, when the plateau was
already becoming apparent and being discussed by scientists, he told a
colleague in one of the Climategate emails: `Bottom  line: the "no upward
trend" has to  continue for a total of 15 years before we get worried.'" I
think that should say relieved.