I take that as a compliment rather than an insult - for whatever its worth I
realized through experience that other techniques are just a valuable for
progress on the spiritual path as the TM mantras, thus I expanded my ability to
experience the Absolute in my physiology. What I used to experience solely in
TM meditation I began, while exclusively still doing only TM as my sole
practice, in activity as well. Meaning I felt the same feelings and energy in
my body and around my body when in activity that I had begun to feel when
transcending during TM practice.

After I began other meditation techniques and doing other things like, say,
Holotropic breathwork, I began to feel the "lively transcendent" more often.
Upon reading Eckhart Tolle's The Power of NOW, this experience began to grow
more frequent. As things are now, to feel what I used to feel only in the
deepest TM meditations I only need close my eyes and relax for a few seconds.

Now the feeling of Divine Energy or Pure Awareness is my experience about 70 -
75% of the time. Relaxing my awareness makes the experience much more powerful,
or more intense. I still allow my personal awareness to get caught up in egoic
concerns (especially when I am trying to fix some glitch on my computer), but
the Pure Awareness is always there.

I am happy with what my personal practice gave me, happy with what other
practices have given me and happy I came out of the illusion that TM is the
"jet plane" to enlightenment.

So yeah, no need to get checked nor to do one practice exclusively.