On 9/2/05 5:48 PM, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm just wondering how Vaj knows how is friend is doing...

Originally by phone from his apartment, then from payphones with lots of
quarters, now with a calling card. We relay through email. Got him
registered for Red Cross over phone. ATM's still working so were able to
link a Paypal account to his ATM.

He's still receiving food and water and seems quite content. He's received
medical supplies he needs. Just waiting for his ride on the bus to Texas.

Apparently a lot of the havoc at the convention center was addicts "coming
down" cold turkey--their methadone clinics and suppliers are gone or
underwater. The police are slowly sorting out the troublemakers and order
slowly returning.

Finally heard from another friend north of NOLA. She seemed "shocky". She's
a nurse so the stuff she was seeing and hearing you just don't see with the
TV people lingering over the same areas. Entire towns have disappeared--not
a thing left. Doctors in the hospitals which lost electricity watched
patients die and could do nothing. She just told story after story, but I
trust you get the picture.

Off on retreat. See ya later.

-V.