In a message dated 9/4/05 6:51:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
You know, a moment's reflection should tell you
that, given they knew how many people there were
without transportation, and that they *did* have
plans to deal with the problem, it isn't very
likely that there were better solutions of the kind
you suggest that they hadn't already considered
and rejected for good reason, or that were clearly
not feasible in the first place.

They know what their resources are and what's
possible and what isn't; you don't.

You know it works both ways. Nobody, outside of the most inner loops, knows exactly what is going on but there sure are a lot of questions for everybody to ask of everybody in Government from local to state to federal. Nobody knows how factual any of the reporting is or if anybody that makes a report has all of the facts and a truly clear perception of the reality of everything that is going on. <What I have found particularly disturbing in this whole tragedy is the immediate politicization from day one. And the intense personal attacks  while people are trying to deal with a difficult and emotional situation. Everyone has been trying to play a game of gotcha. <As Michael Chertoff said and Bush said from the first day, they are concentrating their efforts on getting the job done  and there will be plenty of time to analyze what went well and what went wrong and where to affix blame later on once the job is complete. <Now I know you well enough Judy to take that as dodging tough questions but it's not. It's keeping focus on doing the job. <No doubt there will be investigations down the road to get any and all answers. Even Clinton's former FEMA director indicated that you just don't anticipate all that has happened and be completely prepared for it as is in this case.< In short, nobody likes what we are seeing played out before our eyes, but then nobody has all of the facts yet either. And as Jesse Jackson says, be careful when you point a finger because there are three more pointing back at you.