> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Totally non-sequitur: My wish is that some posters would
> > clean up their "sailor mouth" because it forms an opinion
> > in my mind of who that person is inside (i.e. angry,
> > speak/write before they think, etc.). And I ask myself,
> > would I use that kind of language around my children,
> > grandchildren, Maharishi, etc., and if not, then why use
> > it at all. Then again, I have to ask myself, what makes
> > certain words unacceptable to me, after all, words are just
> > combinations of letters, aren't they? Hmmm, interesting...
>
> I'll bite, just on the off chance that I'm one of
> those fuckin' sailor mouths you're talking about. :-)

It's interesting, Barry, that you at least recognize this in yourself and
aren't afraid to respond to it with some good insights. However, you weren't
the poster to whom I was referring above.

In reading the above, it just kind of struck me how discordant the message felt
juxtaposed against the voice of the lady I hear in the youtube videos about her
finches or her granddaughter, or whether she would even say such words around
Maharishi or her grandchildren. As for you, Barry, when I see those words
written by you (for all the reasons you've described), it doesn't strike me as
discordant.