Ah, I understand now - I must admit I never saw Gibby's last couple of films -
I got a little burned out on him after watching him say he wanted Frank Rich's
spleen on a stick and kill his dog in response to criticism of his Passion of
Christ movie, plus I must admit I am not a fan of historically inaccurate
films  - which means most films based on history I guess cuz most Hollywood
directors don't let history get in the way of telling a story.

Having said that, I did like Cinderella Man a lot, tho it was not accurate in
some respects, and I did like Braveheart  - I bet I have seen it 10 times all
told even tho it is very inaccurate in its portrayal of William Wallace. The
Patriot however I despised - that may in part be because I was born and raised
in South Carolina where every schoolkid is raised on (whitewashed) tales of
Francis Marion, Swamp Fox.

I understand any film makers using history as a backdrop for a story, but with
something I am familiar with as Revolutionary War in South Carolina as I am,
the real historical events and people are more interesting than the made up
events - the same goes for Braveheart too but I did like the job he did on that
one.

Anyhow, if Tom Cruise ever convinces Gibby to give up Ultra Right Wing
Catholicism for Scientology, we might get some real shore nuff good
performances from him.