> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Why do you suppose young homosexuals commit suicide?
> >
> > Well, I am neither young or homosexual nor have I been close to
> > committing suicide so it would be very difficult for me to answer
> > this question. However, since people in all age groups,
> > ethnicities and sexual orientations do occasionally commit
> > suicide the question of why some young gay people end their
> > lives is probably a good one just as is asking why young
> > aboriginals, young affluent white people or even dentists commit
> > suicide. But your question here sort of implies that it more
> > rampant among young gay people to kill themselves than other
> > groups and I am not sure that is the case.
>
> "Researchers have found that suicide among lesbian, gay, bisexual,
> transgender (LGBT) youth is comparatively higher than among the general
> population. LGBT teens and young adults have one of the highest rates of
> suicide attempts.[1] According to some groups, this is linked to
> heterocentric cultures and institutionalised homophobia in some cases,
> including the use of LGBT people as a political wedge issue like in the
> contemporary efforts to halt legalising same-sex marriages.[2] Depression and
> drug use among LGBT people have both been shown to increase significantly
> after new laws that discriminate against gay people are passed.[3] Bullying
> of LGBT youth has been shown to be a contributing factor in many suicides,
> even if not all of the attacks have been specifically addressing sexuality or
> gender."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_suicide

My older sister is a so-called lesbian and she ask me what I thought about it.
I told her it didn't matter, but she kept on pestering me about it (I think she
inwardly knew how I felt) so after at least 3 attempts I responded thinking she
really just wanted to know my feelings or beliefs about it and I said, "I think
anyone who engages in it is morally bankrupt", I haven't heard from her in over
30 years, oh well! :-)