emptybill:
> Willy will announce to everyone, "It was better in the
> Gupta empire 'cause they knew that Shakya the Muni
> already had done it all and had just returned back to
> the mantra … the Saraswati mantra."

In ancient India this was called Yoga, a way to free
oneself from suffering, not by the grace of a creator
god or through the machinations of a demi-urge, but by
the sheer efforts of the individual based on his or her
own willpower.

The idea that man can liberate himself through his own
initiative (yoga) is the great contribution of the
Buddha, the first historical yogin in India,and later
the sages of Mother India during the Golden Age, 320
to 550 CE, the Gupta Empire.

Yoga Philosophy does not agree with the idea of fate or
predestination, rather it is based on volition, action
(karma), and the principle that if one person can
achieve freedom, then so can another: man is the
measure of man.

So, what do we know?

There is very little that we can actually know through
our intellect or senses. Most of our knowledge comes
through hearing, seeing, or observing, and we accept
these as a valid means of knowledge.

Through sense perception and verbal testimony we
observe that the material world exhibits change and
growth through change.

Based on these observations we note a certain order in
creation and we *infer* that there must be an
intelligent agent. After all, it is a fact that
something does not come out of nothing; only a creation
based on intelligence would exhibit an orderly pattern
of growth and dissolution repeated over time.