--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@...>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@ <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Good for him! There is not a religion more disgusting in the way
> > > it has been endlessly used to conquer and kill indigenous tribes,
> > > plunder and rape other civilizations, and continues to this day
> > > as convenient cover for pedophiles and war mongers. Religion in
> > > general is a bad idea, and f*cking Christianity takes the cake.
> >

> > Certainly. But the number one idea for anyone on a spiritual path
> > to despise in Christianity as we know it, is the doctrine of
> > suffering and sin.  That whole religion is based on fear and
> > keeping the people downtrodden by telling them they are sinners
> > who will go to Hell.
>
> It also reinforces sole identity with the I/me story, as in "I am this object
> that does this stuff called sin." Basically, it's the antithesis of "I am
> That. Thou art That. All this is That."

There is also the Indian doctrine or doctrines of karma, which serves a similar
control function as the concept of sin. What happens to you is the result of
'bad' stuff in the past, and you better watch out, you better not cry, because
if you do something 'bad' now, your karma will hit you in the face at some
later time, or in another life. If you leave the Christian concept of sin, you
are still screwed if you adopt the karma concept.

These concepts are of course subject to misunderstanding.