--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:
<snip>> Well, you have the right credentials all the way down too, Curtis.

> I liked all of what you said here. And I am utterly convinced.
>
> I need to do more work on myself to catch how I thought I was so right (when
> I judged raunchy's post) only to then realize just as intensely, how wrong I
> was after reading this.
>
> Life is a a pretty goddam subtle thing, ain't it, Curtis?
>
> I don't know what to believe now.
>
> But this was fun fun fun reading this.
>
> Don't expect me to be smart enough to have anything to say--in raunchy's
> defense--or my own.
>
> You are a great guy, Curtis. Let's leave it at that.
>
> I have to admit one thing: your honesty goes deeper than anything I have ever
> encountered--almost. And that honesty is the most profound quality of this
> post.
>
> Let's just love one another. I hope raunchy can see through her pride (and
> bigotry) to admit you have completely overpowered her here. I think you have,
> anyhow.
>
> If I took you seriously, Curtis, I would be an idiot.
>
> But I do. I do. I like being an idiot. Keeps me just smart enough around here.
>
> But I ain't getting in that sandbox with you. No matter how many of your
> dinky toys you give me. I like your electric train best of all. You have not
> seen Skuffy my Tugboat: I make him go fast in the bathtub.
>
> No, around you, Curtis, the sense of truth makes me into a bullshitter. That
> way I will stay true to myself.
>
> I know one thing, Curtis: We are in for a helluva party one day. I promise
> you this.
>
> Just make sure you strangle that blue rabbit's neck.

Me:  I am finding it impossible to relate to anything you have written here as
coming from a sincere place.  And I know that this may be a failing in my
appreciation of what you wrote.  But it seems to turn back on itself like a
pair of medical logo snakes, and I just can't figure out exactly where you are
putting me on and where you are being nice, if that is even an accurate read of
a single line.  I get the sense that the minute I accepted anything positive
about me from what you wrote, I would hear the gales of cackles from those who
get you here better than I do.

I do have some clues, like whenever you are saying something that seems
uncharitable about Judy it is always a put on.  So is it the same for what you
said about Raunchy?  My instinct is yes, that this is the schtick you are
running and that was a tell. Believe anything here, and you will have a fool
for a reader.

But I did appreciate that you responded, even through my confusion.  What
disappointed me about your initial response was that I consider you a bastion
of support for artistic freedom, wherever it leads.  That much I feel confident
that I know about you.

Oh and I must be thick or something but I didn't get the rabbit reference at
all, which may have enhanced my being ill at ease with the whole thing.