I can't argue with any of that!

________________________________
 From: allanrosenzweig <allanrosenzw...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:14 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Sthapatya Veda is just a Placebo Effect

It is sorry to see people in Skelmersdale working to make a whole new
Sthapatya-vedic village, wasting all the effort to build a community, including
a Golden Dome, with the idea that much good will come of it.

We all want to believe that Maharishi is 100% correct.  But we have also seen
Veda Land fail, Deepak Chopra going off on his own, tallest building in the
world in the center of India, and other failed projects and mistakes.  We tend
to forget about these. He does not have to be 100% correct to be the wisest man
on Earth.  90%, or even 80%, is still WAY above everyone else.

If the Brits are looking to Fairfield Iowa as an example of SV "success" think
again.  Telegroup was doing fine, as one of the top 1% of American businesses,
until they established their headquarters in a new SV building.  They not only
did NOT succeed, they started going  bankrupt.  Telegroup went from hiring over
400 employees, to hiring zero - even though it is in an industry that has
flourished, telecommunications. Same with Global Link, and other companies in
Fairfield that put their faith in SV.

MUM tore down about 15 "pod" dormitories that were in good shape because the
were not SV.  They had to have a fund raiser to tear them down.  There was no
massive influx of students - mainly visa seeking foreign students who don't
seem to really care about the meditation.  There is not enough housing, so many
have to live off campus, and tend to be less on the program.  It would have
been better to keep the pods, and get the revenue for the rooms for the
students. There is not enough money to build replacement housing.  There are
just empty fields there.

If something is going to work, it will show results.  We have given SV about 20
years to show that it works.  There is not a single scientific article
published about it, much less its success.   People would have noticed, in
thousands of years, if facing east really brought success or if south did not.
When does the Sun go from being good at sunrise in the east to being bad around
noon in the south?  The whole sun-based "logic" is not internally consistent.
SV is just a placebo effect.  If you think it works, it does.  If you don't
think it works, you are also right.

Skelmersdale, save your time and money.  Build on what you have already
achieved.  Maharishi's TM, TM-Sidhis Program, and Super Radiance do work, and
have scientific research behind them. Sadly SV does not work.  We should face
the truth and judge knowledge by its fruits.