--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberation@...>
wrote:
<snip>
> You know, I get irritated at some of the recent attacks on
> Christmas and what appears to be a movement in America to
> remove any trace of Christianity from our lives.

Oh, please, there is no such movement. That's a ridiculous
right-wing meme. You could say there's a movement to reduce
the role of religions generally in our public life, in
accordance with the Constitution; and because Christianity
is the dominant religion in the country, that means the
movement more often targets Christianity than other religions.

But *nothing* that's been done or proposed in this regard
has a thing to do with reducing, let alone eliminating,
the role played by Christianity or any other religion in
anyone's private life. That remains inviolable.

As to the notion of "attacks" on Christmas, have a look at
this op-ed piece:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/opinion/the-puritan-war-on-christmas.html

As the piece points out, the "war on Christmas" is our oldest
Christmas tradition in this country, one begun and sustained
by the very most devout of Christians.