Having just returned from a walk with Paris and
Pippin, I can report that Leiden, Netherlands
still announces its fervor for the Christmas
season using church bells.

Because one of my moonlighting gigs involves
ghostwriting articles for audiologists who hope
to make money by pretending that they actually
write the articles on their websites (*most* of
the the articles written by "doctors" on the
Internet don't really have anything to do with
the actual writing of them), I can report that
reality just *isn't* the way you perceive it
to be. :-)

One of the things I learned in my ghostwriting
activities for these sleazeball audiologists
is that the human ear is remarkably *directional*,
meaning that it can accurately interpret the
approximate physical source of a sound, just
by hearing it.

Tonight, as I was walking my dogs, I located
no fewer than five different sources of church
bells, calling the few "faithful" who heard them
to prayer, in my neighborhood. On the walk, I
passed three of them. No one was responding to
the "call."

You can parse that information however you choose
to. I'm just presenting the facts. You can spin
them any way you want to. :-)