--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price <bobpriced@...> wrote:

> Ann,
>
> Thank you for your response, I'm pleased you liked the
> documentary. I've enjoyed reading your posts, and got the impression you like
> to dance; like architecture, I see sculpture as a performance art, and no one
> did it better than Bernini. Are you familiar with the Performing Arts Center
> in
> Abu Dhabi; the architect, Zaha Hadid, is a very talented lady.

No I have not seen this amazing looking 'creature' called the Performing Arts
Center but a creature or, at least, a part of some science fiction organic
substance is what it most resembles. Very smooth and sinewy and seemingly
carbon based.

And I am not sure how you know about my dancing thing but, yes, I have been
known to cut a rug or two in my day. It must be that visceral thing that I am
so fond of (a la Bernini) and I certainly love that primal drum beat.

The process of creating sculpture is an interaction with matter and form that
is 3D so it becomes performance. The artist has to "dance" their way around the
raw material to transform it.

Thanks again for linking me to Bernini and that wonderful narrator and
performer Simon Schama who did such a colourful job of presenting the material.
I plan to watch the entire series now.