> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "David" <fiskedavid@> wrote:
> >
> > I am always surprised when I read such rude and discourteous
> > posts here. There must have been something lacking in your
> > upbringing. It is not too late to remedy that. Courtesy is
> > an admirable quality. Then you can add compassion.
>
> I am always surprised when people react to perfectly
> good words as if they were somehow offensive. When it
> comes to the word "moist," that surprise turns to
> befuddlement.

As Barry knows perfectly well, the reaction was to the
idea expressed in the post, not to the word itself.

 I can understand when women overreact
> to it out of self-gender hatred,

Very few women these days react to anything out of
"self-gender hatred," much as it may satisfy Barry's
fear and hatred of women to think so.

> but guys???!!!

Guys who have some sensitivity. Of course that would
befuddle Barry.

> But you're not alone:
> http://gothamist.com/2012/04/23/extra_extra_2243.php
>
> As for wondering whether the word can still apply in
> any way to someone 70 years old, I kinda think that
> kind of speculation is warranted, too.  :-)

You'd never have the chance to find out, but if you did,
you might be surprised.