--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberation@...>
wrote:

> Yeah, the TMO's attitude towards any form of work was rather odd.  There was
> a predominant attitude that those who worked, especially any form of manual
> labor, were just plain ignorant/lowlife people.
>
> It also reminds me of a contract the TMO signed with a construction company
> in NC when the TMO was moving to Heavenly Mountain.  They signed a contract
> that stated a deadline for the construction project to be complete.  For
> every day after that deadline, the company would have to pay $500 per day
> until the project was complete.  This would ensure timeliness of the project.
>
> Now to me, this is a complete denial of logic of the TMO and most of its
> members.  I remember during classes at MIU/MUM that most of the teachers and
> damn near every student would demonize modern materialism and all the
> impulses that lead us to work hard.  They would especially demonize putting
> pressure or stress on people in order to be productive, that was simply EVIL
> with a capital 'E'.  But then the TMO turns right around and signs a contract
> that puts other people (non-meditators) in a position where they HAVE to work
> much harder and put pressure on themselves in order to complete a project on
> time.

OToneH, this is standard procedure in the building trade and it doesn't really
put undue pressure on the workers as it's they themselves who get to help work
out the project finish date. It just keeps them on their toes. My guess is they
farmed in someone in the TMO who had experience in the trade to draw up the
contract.

OTOH, I personally witnessed a few instances where people who had
been hired to do things for us were treated like they didn't matter and a fair
few of us were shocked at, not just the lack of respect
shown, but at the casual way the image of the TMO would be trashed
in the eyes of the people we messed around or we didn't pay for services.

I cared about things like that then and thought the idea that "it
must be their karma or it wouldn't have happened" was a sad dodge of
decent manners. But then they are all just pawns in Nature's grand design and
don't understand their place in the great unfolding of HoE. Apparently.

> So I think your description of HoE is pretty accurate.  We would have to
> round up all the non-meditators and make them do all the Evil and ignorant
> activities that are beneath the holiness (but required to support them) of
> the TMO and all the meditators & siddhas.

But the caste system is a beautiful thing. If you're at the top....